The 1960s were a time of considerable social ferment, rather like today. Out of that unrest, many identity groups formed for previously oppressed minorities. They have subsequently influenced politics considerably, including successfully introducing a range of affirmative action programs into the selection processes of business, government, universities.
But there is one completely unsung minority that has succeeded beyond belief in transcending the oppression it had suffered since the 1930s. Although this minority is only 1% of the US population it has:
- Moved to dominate elite university admission with its own and children’s admission rates
- Dominated the policy positioning of the Republican Party and increasingly the Democratic Party too
- Ensured all members of the Congress, the Supreme Court and all Presidents since 1960 have been members of it
- Indeed it has ensured you cannot run for political office unless you are a member of this minority, and stand any chance of election.
- Presidents Obama and both Bushs are both members of this minority
- And the minority has dominated all political and economic policy making since 1981
- And of course it caused the recent financial crisis by the ruthless and blinkered pursuit of its self interest
- As well as of course handing the keys to the national safe to China
- While appropriating 52% of the growth in wealth to itself in the last 2 decades