In the interests of provoking discussion and getting your creative juices going about potential solutions to the current economic crisis, here is Working America’s 9 Demands for the 99%:
- Tax Wall Street for gambling with our money. Pass the financial speculation tax.
- Support education. Put teachers back in classrooms and ease the crippling burden of student debt.
- Keep working families in their homes. Pass a mortgage relief plan that puts the needs of homeowners above the greed of mortgage bankers.
- End too big to fail. Rein in the big banks NOW and hold the people who caused the financial crisis accountable.
- Fair share of taxes from the 1%. End the Bush tax cuts for the 1% and close corporate tax loopholes.
- Businesses should invest in jobs. Corporations must stop sitting on their profits and start hiring again here in America.
- Extend unemployment insurance. Millions of Americans are still out of work, and unemployment insurance is a vital lifeline.
- End corporate control of our democracy. Abolish “corporate personhood” and restore full voting rights to real people
They go to suggest you add your own 9th. demand, so feel free to do this in the comment to this posting. My own suggested addition is: ‘Learn from Singapore and create a strategic plan to retain, grow, create and repatriate strategic manufacturing industries to America and to other countries whose elite has hollowed out their manufacturing greedily’.