I thought it was time this blog was a bit more bi-partisan and showed less liberal bias. So here goes: the Top Ten Reasons to Vote for Mitt Romney:
- You are a hedge fund manager making millions and value his promise (his only consistent promise) to oppose regulation of Wall Street to stop the extreme economic instability that results from lack of regulation, as this instability is how you make your living
- You absolutely don’t want any health care in old age and would love some vouchers instead of Medicare
- You work for the Chinese Government as a lobbyist and can’t wait for Mitt to further outsource the jobs of the 47% of the population he doesn’t represent
- You are a military contractor and can’t wait for more government waste pouring in your direction in the form of ‘Defense Pork’, which dwarfs all other pork
- You are a woman and really like Republican views on rape and visitation rights for rapists
- You have lived in Beijing or Mexico City and really liked the pollution, and so would like the abolition of the Environmental Protection Agency as Mitt dreams of doing
- You hate science and anything data driven, so you welcome the prospect of a Mitt supported return to the Dark Ages for science which after all is just a theory
- You get off on the idea that lots of people are poor and are therefore available as personal peons aka servants and you really value the fact that there is no legal route for illegal immigrants as they are so easy to exploit and treat like dirt (and you probably live in Palm Springs)
- You are middle class and want to pay more taxes/endure a higher deficit to pay for massive tax cuts for rich millionaires, and think Mitt is serious about ‘closing loopholes’: yeah right.
- You don’t mind voting for someone, who has changed his position dramatically on almost all issues except de-regulating Wall Street where to be fair he has shown total consistency. So actually you have no idea where he stands on the other nine points.
How did I do? Convincing? Messy on detail? Comment to set me right.