The famous Stoic philosopher Lucius Annaeus Seneca had some good tips about conflict and so here is another of our Top Ten Conflict Tips:
- Life’s like a play: it’s not the length, but the excellence of the acting that matters.
- One of the most beautiful qualities of true friendship is to understand and to be understood.
- It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that they are difficult.
- A physician is not angry at the intemperance of a mad patient, nor does he take it ill to be railed at by a man in fever.Just so should a wise man treat all mankind, as a physician does his patient, and look upon them only as sick and extravagant.
- A gem cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials.
- As long as you live, keep learning how to live
- Expecting is the greatest impediment to living. In anticipation of tomorrow, it loses today.
- Anger, if not restrained, is frequently more hurtful to us than the injury that provokes it.
- The way is long if one follows precepts, but short… if one follows patterns.
- A kingdom founded on injustice never lasts