In these scoundrel times with “war lords” wreaking havoc, I thought it time for one of Top Ten Conflict Tips, this time from the founder of Taoism the sage Lao Tse who starts his famous book the Tao Te Ching with the warning: “The Tao that can be told is not the true Tao.”
- Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing yourself is true wisdom.
Mastering others is strength;
mastering yourself is true power.
- Those who know do not speak. Those who speak do not know.
- Do you have the patience to wait until your mud settles and the water is clear?”
- A leader is best
When people barely know he exists
Of a good leader, who talks little,
When his work is done, his aim fulfilled,
They will say, “We did this ourselves.”
- The wise man is one who, knows, what he does not know.
- Give evil nothing to oppose
and it will disappear by itself
- All streams flow to the sea because it is lower than they are. humility gives it its , power. if you want to govern the people, you must place yourself below them. if you want to lead the people, you must learn how to follow them.
- If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to.
- Countless words
than the silent balance
between yin and yang
- When there is no desire,
all things are at peace